Use free offers:
Therer are a lot of possibilities to get to know the life in Austria better as a refugee. Use these offers, because they make arriving and living in the country easier for you.
Everywhere in Austria:
- Get information from “Österreicher Integrationsfond” (=Austrian fund for integration) about current course offers and offers for your spare time.
- Sign up for a WelcomingTour – this is a great way to see Austria through the eyes of a local and maybe even make some new friends.
- Read a free newspaper (usually, you can find them on the subway, the train or the bus).
- Do you need someone to talk to about your experiences in the war? Contact HEMAYAT.
- Sign up for an information event organized by MA17 in Vienna – here you will learn about “Housing”, “Living together”, “Healthcare”, “Education”, “Social affairs”…
- Here you can find a lot of tips on what you could do for free in Vienna.
- Do you live in Vienna or nearby and do you need a bike? Have look at IntegRADsion (information in German).
- Get your Kulturpass (=”passport for culture”) and visit museum in Vienna for free. You can learn a lot about the history, culture and art in Austria. Maybe you stop in front of a picture at the same time as another visitor and you can start a conversation.
- Are you a teenager or a trainee in Salzburg? Have a look at the workshops that ARGEkultur Salzburg offers (information in German). You can find workshops for breakdance, rap, radio, DJs, poetry – all of these offers are for free, just take a look!