Is education also possible for adults?
In Austria there are many opportunities for every person to receive education and further education. Here you can find an overview of the different options.
Everywhere in Austria:
- If and how your job experiences from abroad can be accredited in Austria, you can find out here.
- If you want to learn how to read and write, attend a course for basic education:
- list of courses for basic education in Vienna (information in German)
- You can complete your school-leaving exam later in life:
- list of courses for the school-leaving exam (information in German)
- You want to complete your general qualification for university entrance later in life? Du willst die Matura (Reifeprüfung) nachholen? You can get the relevant information here.
- Visit a night school (information in German) after work.
- At WIFI (information in German)
- At BFI (information in German)
- You can take an exam to receive your general qualification for university entrance (information in German).
- The AMS provides a database with a list of lots of options for further education (information in German) everywhere in Austria.
- If you want advice for your job from an Austrian, apply for a mentoring program.
- You have not yet been granted asylum and you want to find out about your options for education in Vienna? Go to the “Wiener Bildungsdrehscheibe (AWZ Soziales Wien)” (information in German) and find out about your options.
- You are older than 26 and have a german level of A1? Then have a look at your Integrationspfad (=”path to integration”, information in German) and talk to the AMS.