You should register with the Austrian Integration Fund (ÖIF) as soon as possible!
- The Austrian Integration Fund is the governmental agency that ensures that every person new to Austria can become a valued member of Austrian society.
- A new law was passed on 1st June 2016, that every recognised refugee who has been granted asylum or subsidiary protection must register with the Austrian Integration Fund. In the region “Niederösterreich” every registered person from the age of 15 on must come to the Austrian Integration Fund personally within two weeks after being granted asylum or subsidiary protection.
How can the Austrian Integration Fund (ÖIF) help me?
The Austrian Integration Fund has an office in every province of Austria and offers the following support:
- There are many different courses about a variety of topics:
- Value and Orientation courses on my life in Austria.
- various integration workshops about topics such as the life as a woman in Austria, the health system, the police, protection of the environment, neighbourhood, looking for an apartment are offered.
- Many other courses are offered. Please ask directly at the Austrian Integration Fund.
- The Austrian Integration Fund offers funding – also for German courses. Ask for more information at the next integration centre, call or look online.
- There are counsellors in your native language that can help you with your questions on various topics.
For more information, please visit www.integrationsfonds.at/en/home.