How do I find an internship?
- An internship means that you work for a company between 1 and 6 months, so that you are able to get to know the company and that they are able to get to know you. If the company likes you and profits from your skills, then it is likely that the company will offer you a regular job at the end of your internship.
- Every internship will provide you with useful contacts and a work certificate or reference letter.
- Sometimes you will also receive a salary for an internship. Please talk to your AMS counsellor about this.
You should apply several months before you want to start the internship. Write in your application for the internship when you want to do the internship. Attention: in July and August most pupils and students do internships, ie. you should rather apply for the months October to May.
An internship can usually be found via these 2 ways:
- Ask all your friends in Austria if they can organize an internship in the company where they work. If your friends are still studying, ask them to ask their parents or working friends for an internship. This is normal in Austria.
- Think about at which company you would like to do an internship and apply directly to this company. Almost every company in Austria offers internships.
- Check out the company’s website or give a short call to the company to find out who’s the hiring manager and send an e-mail with your application. This application should be similar to the one you would send for job hunting. Write in the e-mail that you want to do an internship.
- Print out your resume, dress well and go directly to the company and tell them that you would like to do an internship. Leave your resume there and tell them to call you as soon as they have an internship for you.
Was this information helpful? If yes, share it with your friends.